Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Know Thyself

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Pyhthia

Let me see if I've got this right. The python prophet who inhabited this cave as Pythia, who received her knowledge from Gaia, was eventually killed by Apollo, who took her place as top seer. Gaia who we met yesterday, was no fool and transferred the ability of Seeing to mortals in the form of dreams. Leaving Apollo to twiddle his thumbs in the dark.

On the pillars behind the scene Apollo inscribed the message "Know Thyself". I'm reminded by this card why I no longer read the cards for others. The questions querents ask about themselves they are capable of answering themselves, they just don't want to think it through, or enters the realm of future telling which isn't possible. The questions they ask about other people are none of their business. I'm with Apollo here, know thyself, and everything thing else of import comes clear.

"Prophecy: Two bull's eyes out of a possible million." ~ Mark Twain 1835-1910

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I agree. Know Thyself. Working on it.

    :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I do still read for querents, who mainly come through my blog and have an idea that I don't do fortune-telling, and will suggest they need to put some work in. But I don't work the phonelines anymore - that was dire!

    I hadn't heard the bit about Gaia transferring seeing to mortal's dreams - lol!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn