Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Political Perspective

Daily Draw: Moon Oracle ~ Duel

With the state and federal elections upon us we see clashing opposition everywhere we look. But nothing quite as reasonable as one-on-one, best man wins. Mudslinging is only the nicest term for what occurs.

I'm reminded by this card in politics, nothing ever changes. I'm glad my state is totally mail voting. I have my ballot, most of it is marked. Once I drop it in the mail, oddly enough, I forget all the carpola that goes along with it. I don't wear political button, I wear a pink ribbon. Helps perspective no end.

Keep yourself a stranger and pilgrim upon earth, to whom the affairs of this world are of no concern." ~ Thomas Kempis 1380-1471

2 comments:

  1. For the first year ever, I went to early voting a week ago. It was heaven - I was in and out in 10 minutes, and there were no ranting sign-wavers to be seen anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've voted in every single state and federal election since I was 18. It isn't a goal, just something I like to do, I figure the adage of 'if you didn't vote you aren't entitled to share your opinion' works both ways.

    Booth voting when we moved to Kalama was a nightmare experience so was very grateful when after about 5 years we had the choice of mail or booth. Now it's mail period. I did enjoy booth voting when we lived in Oregon. Quiet respectful lines and it was for me a very 'fellowship' inner time.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn