Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Swept Up

Daily Draw: Thousand and One Nights Tarot ~ Temperance

A tiny figure, being swept along by the larger one, magic carpet and all.
It is easy, exciting even, to be swept up in someone else's grand plan. To really feel part of something that is greater than us.

I'm reminded by this card, the key is perspective. Where will we be left when the hubbabubba moves on? Broke, sucked dry, cast aside? Abandoned by the old friends we abandoned first? Or perhaps exhilarated and renewed, going forward with expanded horizons?

"There are times when the greatest change needed is a change in my own viewpoint." ~ Denis Diderot 1713-1784

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this post brought up a flood of memories. I have been the one to leave in the case of religion; old friends seemed to have closed minds and we had nothing to discuss, only debate. Then I have been the one left, in the case of New Age thinking. Though I tried to experience what they said was real, I never found it so for me. So for these friends, I was too practical, to down-to-earth with no imagination. Funny the thoughts one post can bring up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a mind bending deck, comes to mind in referrence to Chiska's thread about RWS heavy decks. There is nothing but the images and I have to work for how they speak to me, today. A sister deck to sacred sites I think.

    This image might be Sinbad but it's been so long since I've seen the movie, I was about 8 I think!

    Thanks for stopping by. S.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn