Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Arise Victorious

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Chariot

Challenges, overcome. The simple epitaph for any living creature.

I'm reminded by this card, to keep getting up just like real people, getting dressed to the shoes, and one day I'll mean it and be able to kick this bedammed depression to the curb and watch in glee as it falls and turns to ash behind me in the rear view mirror.

"Once you hear the details of victory, it is hard to distinguish it from a defeat." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre 1905-1980

Shining Tribe Tarot (revised edition) with tribal and prehistoric art style deck, and 330 page companion book by Rachel Pollack. Published by Llewellyn Worldwide 2001.
The suits are elements: Trees/Wands, Rivers/Cups, Birds/Swords, and Stones/Coins.
The courts have been changed to Vision Cards: Place, Knower, Gift, Speaker, and refer to the readers or querents journey.
Place enters the suit, Knower understands the suit, Gift is able to use the suit, Speaker shares the suit.
A few of the majors have been renamed: Hierophant/Tradition, Wheel/Spiral, Judgment/Awakening, World/Shining Woman.

4 comments:

  1. yeah that's basically been my motto/approach as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you too, when I formulated the post. I hope you are soon improving ~
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, Sharon.
    Just read somewhere: What are three words that make you sad when happy, and happy when sad?
    "Nothing lasts forever."

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn