Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Playful

Daily Draw: Druid Animal Oracle ~ Otter

Defined by the authors as representing joy and play. At first I thought, joy? Can an animal feel or understand joy? But then I thought about how our two Long Dogs greet Rob when he comes home. There is pure joy, unrestrained by any worries whatsoever.

I've said I have joy in my heart that is unaffected by the tribulations of daily life. It's far different than happy or cheerful, much deeper. I think I've forgotten this year to draw on that resource. I'm amending that mistake and may play also...sounds like a premium idea.

"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain." ~ Joseph Campbell

1 comment:

  1. As soon as you asked the question about animals feeling joy I thought about how our dog reacted recently when my son returned home from a week-long trip just recently. Oh my! That sure looked like joy. And then you talked about your dogs. It made me smile. Oh, to experience that kind of joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn