Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Silent Screams

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Ace of Swords

A different viewpoint on the Ace of Swords from Saturday. Pollack posits like the owl, we have a brain, we can see all angles of an issue, and we can work out the best solution in silence.

I've been a drama queen the past year and a half, spewing my fear and pain and grief and anger via my card of the day posts. In my defense I must say, I type very very quietly and do not assault my readers with the dreadful silent screams that occur this side of the screen.

"Seeing her sitting there unresponsive makes me realize that silence has a sound." ~ Jodi Picoult 1966- My Sister's Keeper

4 comments:

  1. Everybody needs a place to spew. Blogging is great for that. :-) We learn from each others' spewings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a good teacher for me; I play things close to the vest when sometimes having an "airing" out is one of the healthiest things I could do for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be the privatest of the private. Lips and mind so tight a shoehorn couldn't get in. I guess I finally realized, that while other people care, people don't care...I mean we freak ourselves out thinking what will people think, when they don't because their lives are just as jumbled and busy.
    Gee that made sense.
    thanks for dropping by, S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a good teacher for me too, Sharyn :) I am very silent, to a fault, but am learning to have a voice. We do spend too much time thinking about what other people think without realizing they probably aren't. And if they are, it is none of our business. My lesson over the past year.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn