Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Taking A Flyer

Daily Draw: Moon Oracle ~ Precipice

Icarus, enthusiastic to the point of impetuousness, disregarded the advice not to fly too close to the sun. The wax on his feathers melted, he fell to the sea, he drowned.

I'm reminded by this card as children we fly close to the sun because we don't understand the consequences. As young people we do it because it is exciting to push the envelope. As a grown up we sometimes fly close to the sun because our lesson was long forgotten, and sometimes we do it because we've figured out the fix. Regardless of what the media and our elders tell us, getting older isn't all for the birds, some parts of it including gaining a large body of intelligence is very good indeed. I wouldn't go back a day.

 "Life is a gamble, at terrible odds. If it was a bet you wouldn't take it." ~ Sir Tom Stoppard 1937-

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me think of the song lyrics "I wish I knew what I know now, when I was younger." But the reality is the only way I learn is generally by making stupid mistakes and experiencing the consequences. We humans tend to be hard-headed that way. :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn