Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

All Purpose Vehicle

Daily Draw: Rocambole Tarot ~ Chariot

Perfect card to transport me from 2012's field of study, into a new one for 2013.

I'm reminded by this card there are many kinds of vehicles we use every day, but our minds are surely the fastest of all. Too bad we are so often missing from the steering wheel...

"The mind is a vehicle, held together by soft soap and hunger and with front-seat drivers and back-seat drivers contradicting each other in a bedlam of voices, shouting "go right" and "go left" at the same time." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson 1900-1965

I have many visitors from the Russian and Baltic states, if I miss-name any of these cards, Please do correct me, I'd really appreciate it.

My learning task for 2012 was the ancient Mesoamericans. The Aztec, Maya, Inca, and Toltec. It has been a fascinating journey and I'm glad I took it on. This is the final deck of cards associated with that study and I've left it so long because it intimidates me.

Containing 89 cards, with 6 court cards per suit and 5 fool cards, published in 2003, art (based on blocky Mesoamerican style) by Anna Nikolaeva, 156 page book by Sergey de Rocambole. It looks absolutely riveting, but sadly is in a language I do not read and I'd give my eyeteeth to have it translated

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a really lovely deck aesthetically :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me think of lego! Cool looking deck for sure. The numbering seems a bit odd too but yeah, you can clearly identify this as the Chariot at least :-D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn