Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ancient Wisdom Pointless Knowledge

Daily Draw: Gateway Oracle Deck ~ Ancient Wisdom

I'm often surprised when someone younger than I turns up for a Quirkeries quotes.
I'm always happy when a quote has some quiet humor in it.
But my favorite part of using quotations is learning about someone I've never heard of before, an ancient whose wisdom is still being heard.
I read last week if the ancient Greeks walked the earth today they would be  many times smarter than we are, we dumb down everything, take the easy roads, and study hard at pointless knowledge.

I'm reminded by this card to never stop seeking wisdom.

"Ignorance is the night of the mind, a night without moon or stars." ~ Confucius 551-479 BCE

2 comments:

  1. I used to have a rigid idea of where I should draw wisdom from - only the educated. Now some of those "book covers" may be ratty, dusty and torn or bright and glossy. Don't judge wisdom by it's cover indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisdom, knowledge ... is never ending. That is what I love about it.

    I love all your quotes. I always learn something reading them. Thanks. :))

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn