Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

It Was Never About Fair

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ Wheel of Fortune

When I saw the huge waterwheel jouncing off in a dozen directions at once in Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest, that is the image that comes to mind now when the tarot Wheel turns up. 

I'm reminded by this card life's wheel is much the same, no steady measured pace with full rotations, it flips about madly, sometimes reversing, some times stuck in a rut. It isn't fair, and that is life in a nutshell. It was never about fair.

"But I also have to say, for the umpty-umpth time, that life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all." ~ William Goldman 1931-  The Princess Bride 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn