Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Roped

Daily Draw: Gateway Oracle Deck ~ Healing

This card says "I step into my future with strength and clarity." Well. We can but try.

I'm reminded by this card, as always, each day is a new seed and we don't have to drag some of the stuff we hold onto with us. Sometimes we give the mental image of a small burro roped to an tumble down building, trying to pull it down the road. It will kill us to do it, why not let some of it go? We can not change what happened, to hold on to something thinking we can is soul breaking futility.

"People become attached to their burdens more than the burdens are attached to them." ~ George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950



2 comments:

  1. I have to remind myself to use those experiences as compost to grow in, instead of keeping them in a ziploc bag that I carry around in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really do tend to hang on to our burdens sometimes to the point of not being able to cope without them. How sad is that. Strength and clarity is a goal worth striving for ...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn