Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Simplified Life

Daily Draw: Gateway Oracle Cards ~ Simplify

Both the first and the final post on my KalamaQuilts blog speaks of simplifying. We have 2 chairs in the living room. Nothing else, we never use it because it's the coldest room in the house. Been that way since 1998. The kitchen counters were empty of anything but the microwave until we stopped using garbage service. Now there is a chicken snacks bucket, compost can, and a dishcloth to put the rinsed recycle items on to dry. But you get the idea.

This card reminds me, out of the corner of my eye I see something unusual. A stack of unopened mail. A clear sign all is not well yet in Sharynland. But at least it isn't getting lost in a mess like we see in the card. I'll take a point for that.

"The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less." ~ Socrates 469-399 BCE

1 comment:

  1. There is a "green" card heading your way to add to the stack. :)
    (((Sharyn)))

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn