Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Softly And Clearly

Daily Draw: Gateway Oracle ~ Communication

Oooo, hot button for many. How many times has our significant other said "what's wrong?" and we've responded with "nothing."?
Even though we were deliberately behaving in a manner that would show there was something bothering us.

I'm reminded by this card there should be classes in school in basic communication. I've taught myself to communicate but sometimes our Rob still says 'nothing'.

"The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives." ~ Anthony Robbins 1960-

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I know this one. My S.O. is often troubled with 'nothing' as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were first married, I ranted and raved and R sulked silently and said nothing. We both had to learn how to communicate honestly and respectfully; the difference now (after yeas of being married) is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an issue with the question "what's wrong" It doesn't open up a dialogue. A better way would be "you seem preoccupied, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do /is there something you'd like to talk about" or another similar statement. Sometimes we fail to give the other person sufficient encouragement to open up. We are not trained in our families in communication & then have to learn it by trial & error, lots of error!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn