Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Tickata Tickata

Daily Draw: Gateway Oracle Cards ~ Quiet

Funny duck here, I seldom have any noise at all going on. No radio on, don't have tv, I savor the quiet.

I'm reminded by this card why the silence. I love to hear a ticking clock and each room has one. I expect ticking clocks with cool faces will go the way of newspapers and snail mail letters before long. Pity that.

"O, it sets my heart a-clickin' like the tickin' of a clock,
when the frost is on the punkin and the fodder's in the shock." ~ James Whitcomb Riley 1849-1916

3 comments:

  1. My two housemates are always listening to music, TV, or video games of some sort. Makes me crazy to hear so much noise, which is why I like to get up much earlier than they do. :)
    I love your new blog picture - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clocks and have many shapes and sizes in my tiny apartment tick tocking away. I don't really even hear them anymore and suppose it soothes my soul in some way. I love this card. It is so pretty and I really want to sit down and have a cup of tea ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that card with it's soft pink and purple hues. It definitely sets a gentle mood.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn