Saturday, April 13, 2013

Went So Wrong

Daily Draw: Etteilla Tarot ~ Magician

Etteilla chose to slot the Magician in at number 15, where Devil usually stands. subtitled Aaron. The right hand of Moses...until it all started to go so terribly wrong.

I'm reminded by this card and the teenage suicides this week, we live in a wicked world. A world where I am continually amazed by just how bad we can be. If that isn't illness I don't know what would be.

"I've crossed some kind of invisible line. I feel as if I've come to a place I never thought I'd have to come to. And I don't know how I got here. It's a strange place. It's a place where a little harmless dreaming and then some sleepy, early-morning talk has led me into considerations of death and annihilation." ~ Raymond Carver 1938-1988 Where I'm Calling From

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you about sitting down with the creator to pick his brain about the deck. The keywords, instead of being a problem, would probably make me look at the cards from a new angle. You really do well with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't use a deck with keywords when doing readings for someone, but I don't mind them on the blog as they juice the wheels.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn