Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dragging My Feet

 Daily Draw: Grand Etteilla Tarot ~ 9 of Wands

Dragging my feet presents a funny mental picture but certainly is a good descriptor. We need to sell our little farm up north, it makes complete common sense but both heart and mind resist the idea.

I'm reminded by this card now or later doesn't matter in a family so divided by dislike and distrust. I can do the courtesy of respecting their feelings but I have learned my lessons well and don't need to be affected by them.

"Out waiting them gives them the time to say more than they intend." ~  Adam-Troy Castro 1960-  Emissaries from the Dead

Grand Etteilla deck type dates back to the late 1700's and are based on the idea that tarot came out of Egypt with Gypsies. It was also the first deck designed for esoteric purposes, prior to that tarot was used for gaming. A beautiful deck, meant to be used both upright and reversed, the cards are numbered 1-78.  This is the 1977 edition published by Grimaud France.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, is this where you keep your hens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, my hens are here in Kalama with me. I know my priorities :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting card! Seems like the 8 of Wands reversed at the top, and the 3 of Swords at the bottom. Sorry to hear about the family strife - can't live with them, can't send them back to Santa :/

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn