Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Finger Cancer

Daily Draw: Oracle of the Dream Time ~ Southern Cross

This constellation is named for the first man to die, the two cockatoos lifted to heaven with him, (they were very cross...) and the lifter. This card is about spiritual beliefs, endings, and death.

I'm reminded by this card how very hard I have to work at not becoming a hypochondriac. Burn my finger? Must be finger cancer. Bruise my leg? Must be bruise cancer.  It really is funny, but I wonder how long you have to call yourself a survivor to really believe it?
edited to add: I realized after I posted this, this is the first time I've said the word survivor...maybe there is hope for the mad monkey in my mind yet. 

"Survivors aren't always the strongest; sometimes they're the smartest, but more often simply the luckiest." ~ Carrie Ryan, The Dark and Hollow Places

3 comments:

  1. Some interesting thoughts there. In my own life, I often am quicker to believe something bad than something good.

    Just another observation: I was struck by how alike our draws (mine for the 16th) were. My card, The Watchers, is so similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does look like your watchers doesn't it...
    That's a beautiful deck you are using this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's lovely. It's two decks by the same artist, put together. I sometimes fancy an oracle when I have had a lot of tarot.

    I was thinking how nice this one you are using is. Nice and bold.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn