Sunday, April 14, 2013

Last One In...And Out

Daily Draw: Oracle of the Dreamtime ~ Moon

Moon decrees everything must die. Except itself. It rests for three days each month and then is renewed. The red mistletoe signifies yet unborn children.

The moon's attitude reminds me of what I call 'last one in' syndrome. We just know in our heart everyone dies eventually. Except us.

 "Since the last one in a graveyard is believed to be the next one fated to die, funerals often end in a mad scramble." ~ Texas, A Guide To The Lone Star State, Primitive customs of the Brazos Valley 1940

Oracle of the Dreamtime by Donni Hakanson, 1998, published by Journey Editions/Eddison Sadd Ltd. 45 round cards and softcover 176 page companion book, images by six artists, based on Australian Aboriginal culture and ancient stories of the Dreamtime.

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see one of these cards it reminds me how much I love this oracle. I'm going to go have to look up red mistletoe; I've never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a New Zealand native and the berries turn into blossoms.
    Yes, I love this oracle also, and the six artists did a very cohesive job.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn