Sunday, April 21, 2013

That Black Place

Daily Draw: Durer Tarot ~ Hanged Man

 Lo Scarabeo refers to this figure as the Arcanum, holder of deep secrets and trapped by same, watching and being watched in turn by the cockerel who is both holder and herald of secrets.

I've spent the last two days, face in hands, weeping. The book I'm reading on lung cancer is doing as it's subtitle says, giving me facts, choices, and hope. But what is hidden from the book is last July August and September when I watched helplessly as the most aggressive form of the disease ate my little sister alive. I'm torn between knowledge and grief, anger and guilt, terrified to find I'm still so close to the edge of that black place. The dangerous place. I can't go there again. It isn't safe.

"There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution." ~ Deepak Chopra 1947-

The deck this week is one of Lo Scarabeo's beautiful historical art decks, basing the tarot on the allegorical style of Albrecth Durer (1471-1528). Wands feature lions, Swords the fox, Cups the white dove, Coins an eagle. Published 2002.

1 comment:

  1. Trash the book, listen to your doctor (who said things were good), and hang on to hope. Oh, and cook the damn rooster. (((Sharyn)))

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn