Friday, April 5, 2013

The Second And The Last

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Magical Forest ~ 4 of Swords

The Rider-Waite pips are based on the decans of the Golden Dawn. This is Lord of Respite from Strife.

I'm reminded by this card some of my personal options...
  • Flounce out of the room or forum, from my childish side
  • Put the strifer on ignore, from my grown-up side
  • Spend a year in a black rage, from my depressed side
  • Shout NOTHING when asked what is wrong, young adult side
  • Give myself cancer
  • Relax into a yoga practice
I can only recommend the second and last, the others not at all.

"Is it worthwhile that we jostle a brother bearing his load on the rough road of life? Is it worthwhile that we jeer at each other in blackness of heart? God pity us all in our pitiful strife." ~ Cincinnatus Heine (Joaquin) Miller 1837-1913

1 comment:

  1. Took me years to figure out there was some other alternative besides the extremes of "fight or flight" ...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn