Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What Can It Hurt

Daily Draw: Great Etteilla Tarot ~ 6 of Wands

Etteilla used this card to signify people in lower stations of life.
For many in his day (1738-1791) domestic service was often the only real option for consistent food and shelter.  Our reversed card refers to expectations, real or false.

I'm reminded by expectations, my mind is at war with itself. Practical and pragmatic to a fault, I see my cancer history with common sense and recognize what I've experienced already is just the thin edge of the wedge. But I am working hard, based on professional advice, to put my mind in a entirely different place. A place that doesn't accept there may be cancer still  in my body, a place that makes long distance plans, a place where I'm whole and healthy and never look back. For a practical person it is difficult...but what can it hurt?

"What I have since realized is that if people expect you to be brave, sometimes you pretend that you are, even when you are frightened down to your very bones." ~ Sharon Creech 1945- Walk Two Moons

1 comment:

  1. As the Buddha said, "When you cease expecting you have all things." Easy to say, not so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn