Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Buttons

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ 9 of Swords

Rationalized criticism
Self-inflicted injustice
Devastating doubt.  Ruth Souther, The Heart of Tarot

Ever see any better short-speak for the 9 of Swords? I'm reminded by this card of all the times I've fulfilled the promise of this card. Why do we do this to ourselves? We can talk abusive and dysfunctional environments all we want...doing it to our self is far worse. Who knows our buttons better?

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people." ~ Carl Jung 1875-1961

3 comments:

  1. I wish I would treat myself as I am treating others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I can jab my own veins with pinpoint accuracy.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn