Saturday, November 30, 2013

Mind-made and Heart-made Darkness


Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ Moon

The light which darkness creates. Lon Milo DuQuette
There is a thought. I love the moon. I go out and howl at it when I'm feisty. It is my favorite card in any deck. But DuQuette's phrase makes the hairs on my neck rise.

I'm reminded by this card, not of the literal dark, but the mind-made and heart-made darkness. The things that even surprise us when we tip over internal rocks and something scurries by just outside our mental field of vision.

"What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him." ~ Louis Mann 1865-1931

2 comments:

  1. Now I've got chill bumps of the "X Factor" kind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me remember my daughters fear of a boogeyman in her closet. When I offered to look if he was there, she laughed. She knew there was no one if I would open the closet but when I would leave she would be afaraid and then he would be there.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn