Monday, November 18, 2013

The Best We Can Hope For

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ Adjustment

All hats are not created equal. Here Justice wears an ostrich feather crown that bears similarity to that of Ma'at, the ancient Egyptian weigher of souls. I once bought a tall showgirl hat for a party, I have no idea how they keep them on, mine kept listing to port.

I'm reminded by this card all justice is not equal, never was, never will be. You know it and I know it. We see it each day in the courts. Sad that. For everyday people the best we can hope for is acknowledgement. Cold comfort from this card of equilibrium.

"But sometimes pain has to be acknowledged and even touched so that one could move into it and through it and past it. Or else be destroyed by it." ~ Mary Balogh 1944-  Simply Love

2 comments:

  1. For me this card urges me to adjust constantly to my surroundings. The same as the world and the universe are always looking for balance.
    I think Adjustment and Justice are principles much higher then a man made court of law

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if that's why Crowley entitled it Adjustment, because there really is no constant equilibrium. We just constantly adapt and make changes trying to get to that place.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn