Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Ledge Is There

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ Princess of Wands

The Thoth Princesses connect to the aces of their suit, in this case the grounding of personal efforts and their active expression. Here she tears along, tiger by the tail exuberance, with the Ma'at cap of true heart.

I'm reminded by this card of the many times I've taken what appears to be the Fool's first step right off the ledge, taken on more than I can chew, surrounded by people shaking their heads in disapproval. Try something new and different? Good Gad woman, why? Because the ledge is there and I'm alive, Princess and Ace. The world is not a safe, why stand in place and prove it.

"That's exactly it-I am crazy and somewhere deep inside, all I want is to fly." ~ Jandy Nelson 1985-  The Sky Is Everywhere

2 comments:

  1. This card made me think of Blake:

    Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
    In the forests of the night;
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

    In what distant deeps or skies.
    Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
    On what wings dare he aspire?
    What the hand, dare seize the fire?

    We never know our limits until we try to find them. We never know what's on the other side of the boundary line until we cross over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I am afraid to often...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn