Friday, November 22, 2013

Zealot + Weasel

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ 2 of Wands

This card calls for the innie me and the outtie me to be combined in outward personal truth. I wonder if it has ever been politically correct to let innie out.

I'm reminded by this card, for me it's far more peaceful to let sleeping dogs lie. It doesn't matter to me what anyone else's innie is, and I'm old enough to know I don't need to defend my own personal truth from zealots on any subject. Is that true adulthood or weaseling out?

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." ~ Nelson Mandela

4 comments:

  1. Zealots don't discuss, they debate (I've learned to save my breath). I think the only thing that can change a zealot's mind is a hard knock upside the head from life. But even that he may try to explain away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that's just it! I don't care how excited they are by their subject, I don't want to change their viewpoint, I'm happy they have one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care what other people think, as long as they don't hurt anyone or try to persuade me to think like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharyn! I like very much your blog, the way you write and the phrases you choose to share with us. And I think no matter what people think! Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn