Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Arise Again, As A Banana

Daily Draw: Sacred World Oracle ~ Phoenix

This bird made me immediately think of my passion for making quilts; big fabric, turned into little fabric, returned to big fabric. Mother (88) remembers old women coming to her mothers house (1920's or 30's), all with patties (her current word for fabric). When she is cross with me she and her walker tear past the sewing machine mumbling 'endless patties'.

Where this card really brings us is bananas, and each day's rebirth and what we do with it. Yesterday I allowed myself to be pushed to the shouting stage. Over a damn green banana for pete's sake. I can barely bend my back because anger sets off small nerve neuropathy, serves me right. And there she sets happy as a clam waiting for daylight and a bright new day. Which thankfully it is. Bananas. Cripanitly. I hope I arose a better person than I was yesterday. I've been up an hour, so far so good...but it's early days yet isn't it? Today there aren't any bananas to argue over, they are in the compost bin. Ain't I a grown up though?

"Be thou a new star, that to us portends
Ends of much wonder; and be thou those ends." ~ John Donne 1572-1631

2 comments:

  1. You're still a saint in my book - green bananas, patties and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks to me a lot like "women anger". We swallow so many irritations over time but now and again we have to to spit it out, mostly over something insignificant (banana??)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn