Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Mind Goes On Without Me

Daily Draw: Legend the Arthurian Tarot ~ 10 of Wands/Spears

The Green Knight. Not of the Round Table but of the fae, offering the knights a game of head head who's got the head. Gawain won the game, beheading the Green Knight. What it earned him was a year of constant harassment by the fae.

I'm reminded by this card, of what people will believe. You could march them by me one by one until the end of time and I wouldn't believe fairies exist. But a white horse? Can't see one without immediately making a wish. I tried to break myself of it, but my mind just goes on making wishes without me.

"Firstly, there is no such person as Death. Second, Death is this tall guy with a bone face and a scythe and an hourglass and a big white horse and a penchant for playing chess with Scandinavians. Third, he doesn't exist either." ~ Neil Gaiman 1960-

2 comments:

  1. I think most everyone has a small amulet or talisman of thought tucked away. I still hold my breath when I cross over a bridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Hehee. I guess we all have our version of faeries. I think we have a limited ability to see or believe everything--it's just way too overwhelming. I don't blame us! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn