Wednesday, December 11, 2013

New World

Daily Draw: Minchiate Tarot ~ World

Everyone I personally know who has built a new house has had some "I wish I had of" feelings about it after they moved in. That is when we have our bright ideas, once we've used something and we can see where improvements could better the finished product.

I'm reminded by this World card, (number 39 in the Minchiate ordering) of this deck and the life I've built. Standard tarot decks have 78 cards. This deck has 97. The bump in number is the result of adding sun signs, Virtues, and elements. It has been shuffled and shuffled and split and split, and still, all I've drawn this week with the deck fanned out and drawing at random, is the same majors we've always seen. My point is, if we were given the world to change would we better it?

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." ~ Rumi 1207-1273

5 comments:

  1. We humans are much better at hindsight than foresight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is often more easy to let thing stay the way they are even if they're not helping us. people are by nature very fond of there own customs and structures. Change is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharyn! Very interesting question and for deep reflection!. I think everyone would like to change things for the better, but it would be the better for each one of us, it doesnt't mean it be the better for the others. It would be subjective. Although the goals be the same, in communion, all of us have different points of view and different ideas to solve problems. I imagine the entire world trying to reach an agreement, and it would never end :). I think that it is certainly possitive to change things and attitudes inside us, first to begin with. Beautiful deck!!! and Muchas Estrellas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, the perfect world for me would be a bad world for the next person. Thank you all for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! :D Thank you for your interesting topics!!!!! Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn