Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Place A Skep On My Grave

Daily Draw: Sacred World Oracle ~ Bee

A cooperative, everyone working for the common good. A creature of the sacred world that actually got it right, and they are dying off in massive numbers, another checkmark against our time. According to Whole Foods, of the 453 fresh produce products available over the course of a year, only 237 will remain if we can't reverse the bee colony collapse disorder.

I'm reminded by this beautiful image how often I see the dark side of my cards. Am I just overwhelmingly cynical, am I still being herded by Winston Churchill's black dog, do I need to deliberately seek out the brighter side of humanity? I wouldn't know where to begin to look.

"Place a beehive on my grave
and let the honey soak through.
The streets of heaven may be gold and sunny
but I'll stick with my plot and a pot of honey." ~ Sue Monk Kidd 1948-  The Secret Life of Bees

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't know where to begin to look. I am sorry if you feel this way. Perhaps it is good idea to look more at the bright side of life, not always, but a little bit more could make life so much more pleasant :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn