Monday, December 30, 2013

Sacred Coat

Daily Draw: Santa Fe Tarot ~ 6 of Buffalo/Coins

This Yei is traveling the mountains wearing a sacred white deerskin coat embellished with sacred plants, under the protection of the curved rainbow.  He is enjoying what he has earned.

I'm reminded by this card of being 18 or 20-ish and thinking some old white haired geezer driving a new Mercedes convertible was way to old to appreciate such a thing, it should be the the right of people young, like me, who had the access to such things.  Now I'm the geezer with the gorgeous vehicle I worked hard to earn. And when I drive by kids I do remember being their age, but I think "grow up, pull your pants up, turn your hat around, get a job, and quit spending your money on tattoos."  And so the world continues to turn at cross purposes, as it always does, 'tween ages.

"If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher too." ~ Debbie Macomber 1948-  Mrs. Miracle 

4 comments:

  1. I remember that age so very well. I thought I could change the world and I would never ever be like my parents. How wrong was I. I even like red geraniums which were for me the ultimate example of a bourgeois mentality :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check back with me in 20 years, but one place I'm not going is poly pants and poly overblouses with big floral prints. Or sweat shirts with something appliqued on them with glitter paint. Or a big 4 door Buick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this deck. Really charming. :) These designs would make good tattoos. I kid! I have no tattoos and no desire for them, thank goodness. I could never commit to a tattoo. I never related to young people. As a 19-20 year-old I was frequently mistaken for older. And I got along better with the teachers than my peers. Actually, when I went to a new high school they thought I was the substitute teacher. Anyway...I'd like to just love who I am at whatever age, which seems like a monumental task!

    Sending love and goodness for 2014. No poly-blend!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn