Sunday, December 29, 2013

See The World

Daily Draw: Santa Fe Tarot ~ Page of Coins/Buffalo

His people knew he was born to explore the knowledge and secrets of the universe and presented him with tools for his journeys.

I'm reminded by this card of all the people to whom travel is part of their every day job. Including my husband who has over four million accident free driving miles behind him. Boggles my mind. Mention a town this side of the Mississippi and he can tell you where it is and how to get there. He has seen jumpers commit suicide via the grill of a speeding truck. He has worked with drivers who neither speak nor read english, some who couldn't find their way out of a paper sack, and those who have been a credit to their company every single mile. He is going to fly fish when he retires next year. He can stand in one spot and the highway of water will do the moving.

"The journey itself was my home."~ Matsuo Basho 1644-1694

The Santa Fe Tarot, by Holly Huber and Tracy LeCocq, published by US Games Systems 1993. The art expresses the story of the five stages of the emergence of the native Peoples. Card images are presented as sand paintings with figures face on and considered to be facing east. Suits are Rainbow/Wands, Water/Cups, Lightening/Swords, and buffalo/Coins, the kit includes a 175 page softcover companion book.

4 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful he's never been in a accident. To keep driving after having been in an accident is so hard. My husband drove us everywhere we wanted, But now I have to do the driving and I'm not that brave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the illustrator realized the Page is in the shape of a dollar sign. :D I hope your husband gets to fish as many miles of rivers as the miles he has driven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably, buffalo suit is coins. I love this deck even though I can't use it without consulting the book about the card designer's intent. If you search the blog for "Santa Fe" you'll see a good mix of other cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post about your hubby's job. I can't believe that! No accidents! That inspires me. I'm a big scaredy cat and I'm terrified of accidents. My family was hit by a semi truck on the ice in 1995 (when I was a teen), and I never really got over that. Thankfully we all survived! That is awful about the jumpers. I'm glad he has stayed safe and sound out on the road.

    OXO

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn