Monday, December 2, 2013

Truce, My Love

Daily Draw: Rosetta Tarot ~ 4 of Swords

This is not the truce represented by two ball teams and their annual game, when everyone says good game and better luck next year. This is the suit of Swords, and a truce here is razor edged, backed up by force.

I'm reminded by this card many children grow up in this kind of eggshell atmosphere. And marry some child with starry eyes who thinks love can conquer all. We are slow to learn communication is the only lasting truce.

"Truce, gentle love! A parley now I crave!" ~ Michael Drayton 1563-1631  Sonnet 66

3 comments:

  1. This is such a different take on the four of swords than the RW interpretation. It is hard for me not to see a moment of pause in this card too. But perhaps truth can bring this kind of rest for the mind; no longer debating what it right and what is wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red and blue lines remind me of arteries and veins - a balance of in an out, with and without.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent interpretation, Sharyn: "This is the suit of Swords, and a truce here is razor edged, backed up by force."

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn