Friday, December 20, 2013

Wot? No Pockets?

Daily Draw: Sacred World Oracle ~ Centaur

A composite creature with enough brains plus brawn to work through the biggest challenge. I don't see a quiver, and I wonder where his pockets are, where does he keep his tissues? Minion centauri running along side?

I'm reminded by this card if my long term hopes work out I'll be called upon to use brains and brawn, and that would be a wonderful thing. I think. Like pockets, I'm trying to think what I might be missing of importance.

"When pockets were first added to women's clothing in 1913 a paris reporter wrote, "It's all over with men's superiority over women." Pockets are indeed indispensable, and they come in two types, patch and set-in." ~ Claire B Shaeffer Sew Any Set-In Pocket 

5 comments:

  1. My dear Sharyn, only you could come up with a title like that for this card LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I much prefer pockets to pocketbooks if I'm traveling light. I tried to convince the husband that he needed a man-bag (messenger bag) for his stuff, and he looked at me like I had gone mad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. He may not have pockets, but he looks as though he's wearing a Christmas hat. Very seasonal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wondered if anyone would think about the hat...I just put it under a halogen light with a magnifier...still looks like a Santa hat. Although it could....be a red hat with tissues sticking out?

    thanks for dropping by, I love all three blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm of the handbag brigade. With pockets, you still have to remember to move things from one set of clothes to another, whereas my handbag is always right by the front door, ready for any emergency. Man bags are an excellent idea! I figure it's only vanity that stops men seeing that. And so men's superiority takes another knock ;D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn