Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Small Peaceful Place

Daily Draw ~ Sacred Geometry Cards ~ Peace Offering

It is pretty obvious from my overall posts (2400+) I'm cynical when it comes to the human race. I think our sell-by date is long past and hope for worldwide peace is ludicrous. When a country isn't strong enough to try to extinguish far away peoples, it turns on itself to satisfy that blood lust. Our species is absolutely hopeless.

I'm reminded by this card in a corrupt and worn out world there is one little thing I can do. I can create a peace offering to and for myself. I've done it before and I can do it again, I just have to remember to not forget to keep that small peaceful glow in mind and heart alight. Even our world has hope there...

"When you bring into alignment your beliefs and the way you live, then and only then, can you find inner peace."~ Peace Pilgrim (Mildred Norman Ryder) 1908-1981

Sacred Geometry Cards, 64 art cards integrating math, science and spirituality; and 145 page soft cover book by Francene Hart. Published by Bear & Company 2008

4 comments:

  1. The only real change starts with changing ourselves. So that peace offering to yourself is a generous act for all of us :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only real change starts with changing ourselves. So that peace offering to yourself is a generous act for all of us :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. As Thich Nhat Hahn said, "Peace in our hearts, peace in our homes, peace in our world." It has a way of radiating outward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sentiment. It reminds me if a favorite Leonard Cohen lyric:

    "Ring the bells that still can ring...forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in."

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn