Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mind Police

Daily Draw: Margarete Petersen Tarot ~ 7 of Swords/Feathers

Give your all to all.
Take nothing for yourself.

I'm reminded by this card how misunderstood the 7 of Swords can be and how our mind police can drive us to ruin. I see this card as my earplugs and cushy pillows. In the three plus months mother has been with me she has gotten up between 5 AM and 7 AM just three times. Her normal routine is to get up and get dressed any time between 10 PM and 3 AM, come out to the living area and then...begin the shouting. Where's the bananas Where's the waffles Where's the coffee Where's the lights Where's the manager, and worse...on and on and on until I get up at 5 AM and turn on the coffee. At that point she goes to sleep in her chair and dozes until bed time, then it starts again. I will not be shamed, my pillows and my earplugs are my 7 of Swords self-care. No, I will not enforce her behavior by appeasing it, I will not, not take something for myself.

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen." ~ George Orwell 1903-1950 1984

3 comments:

  1. You deserve something for yourself and if earplugs and cushions will do the trick that is the least you are entitled to but please try to think of more treats for yourself for you deserve so much more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are in favor of self-care, as so many caretakers neglect it until they lose their health or sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self care on many levels, by order of Rob :) He was witness to the state I got myself into trying to care for his dad, towards the end I was hallucinating I was so tired.
    Most of the time mom is a kick and we have lots of big laughs together.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn