Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Recognizing Recognition

Daily Draw: Santa Fe Tarot ~ Strength/Monster Slayer

The bog standard strength card shows a figure co-existing with or fighting with a lion. Monster Slayer knocks those images out of the ball park. Monster protects the Peoples from anything not in the path of beauty and harmony.

It probably seldom seems like it to the casual reader, but this blog is my tool to root out ugliness and disharmony within myself. To expose and be forced to recognize and admit to the things about me I pretend not to know.

"A sense of mission lost in ink's jagged outcrops.
I was trying to tell myself what I must have known before
In a form I wouldn't recognize at first." ~ Rae Armantrout 1947-   Next Life

2013 bookkeeping
Drawn the most times: 4 of Swords, 9 of Swords, 7 times each
Drawn 0 times: Knight of Swords, 3 of Swords, Lovers,7 6 of Cups, Star, 10 of Cups, King of Cups.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to that effect of having a blog. Having to write down your thoughts for other readers is like having people over for dinner. You give it more effort and in doing so you are more aware of the details and subtleties.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize your blog as such a tool because often your posts make me take a good look in the mirror. :D Love this idea of Strength.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn