Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Crap Shoot

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ Chariot

Are we the driving force or do we allow circumstances to drive us?

I'm reminded by this card we'd all like to think we were in charge of our lives and often a wise choice allows us to at least see the path, but in truth? I think life is just a crap shoot and we are out in front of the chariot because we don't have the sense to get out of the road. So it's back to the five of swords, the dunce cap, and the blackboard for us.

I will not get in front of the chariot
I will not get in front of the chariot
I will not get in front of the chariot

3 comments:

  1. That card reminds me of the verses in the Katha Upanishad:

    "Know the Self as lord of the chariot,
    The body as the chariot itself,
    The discriminating intellect as
    The charioteer, and the mind as the reins.
    The senses, say the wise, are the horses;
    Selfish desires are the roads they travel.
    When the Self is confused with the body,
    Mind, and senses, they point out, he seems
    To enjoy pleasure and suffer sorrow.
    When a person lacks discrimination
    And his mind is undisciplined, his senses
    Run hither and thither like wild horses.
    But they obey the rein like trained horses
    When a person has discrimination
    And the mind is one-pointed."

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn