Friday, February 7, 2014

Saturnalia, Festival of Employment

Daily Draw: Mythic Astrology ~ Saturn

An earthly god who kept order and promoted self-efficiency, another golden age come and gone, myth or not.

I'm reminded by this card Rob and I were part of a tiny little golden age ourselves, 1950-2000. When people without advanced education could get, and keep, jobs that paid a good living, benefits, and retirement income. Rich Man Poor Man would call that poor, but when 40% of young adults today are unemployed, in my view we are rich.

"Believe it, Men have ever been the same,
And all the Golden Age is but a dream." ~ William Congreve 1670-1729

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that the truth. I've got a college age daughter who doesn't know what to major in because there are no jobs available for what she would like to do. Definite economic shift for those not in the upper classes.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn