Friday, February 28, 2014

Fragile

Daily Draw: Chinese Tarot ~ 5 of Cups

Dispelling melancholy, or he thinks he is.  Probably equal to only the common cold in sheer numbers of medicines available, of which few help and none cure.

I'm reminded by this card how many near escapes I had this past summer. In a client I would have recognized the signs of being overmedicated very quickly, I missed them entirely in myself. All those scientific remedies are long gone, down the loo. Is depression's black sack still with me? Yes. I have built a fragile safe zone I value with my life, literally.

"In every way that counted I was dead. Inside somewhere maybe I was screaming and weeping and howling but that was another person, one who had no access to the lips and face and mouth and head. So on the surface I just shrug and smile and keep moving." ~ Neil Gaiman 1960-

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn