Sunday, February 9, 2014

Unremarkable Tower

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ Tower

It isn't a very big tower is it?

I'm reminded by this card what I might call a tower event is of no moment to the world at large. Just as a flood or fire in some far away country barely rates a passing "oh dear". Could we bear life if we took in all the towers? Existence probably depends on that mental filter, cruel as it is.

"Truth is one forever absolute, but opinion is truth filtered through the moods, the blood, the disposition of the spectator." ~ Wendell Phillips 1818-1884

Ananda Tarot, art and book by AGM/Kurt Pilz, 2003, currently out of print.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like its gilded covering is almost worn off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cruel but nevertheless necessary. I often feel embarrassed when I am sad or depressed; because what is my "burden" compared to the misery of so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, I can't get the Pictish back out of the olive jar!
    Ellen, one thing that finally sunk through my brain is that my joy doesn't mean there is less joy available for anyone else. And someone elses problems don't make mine any less painful. Our mothers told us to 'clean our plate because there were starving children in Ethiopia'. You know what? Our clean plate didn't make any difference at all to those children. Mostly it just made us a nation of fat clean platers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      You are absolutely right !

      Delete
    2. "Mostly it just made us a nation of fat clean platers." - Ah, there's the gilding crumbling right there. What we were told as truth was only misguided belief.

      Oh no (PO)! I don't know what to tell you - break the jar maybe? Ask himself for any ideas?

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn