Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Uptight

Daily Draw: Rosetta Tarot ~ 5 of Wands

Skhmet, ancient warrior goddess. Uptight? I should say, if she farted she'd be moonbound before she knew what happened.

I'm reminded by this card that turmoil and upset can put the wheel chocks to our life but it can also be a tool for change. Being too comfortable to bother making an effort in our own behalf is just as stifling as harboring pent up anger.

"I would rather be ashes than dust
I would rather my spark should burn out than be stifled by dry-rot,
The function of man is to live, not to exist." ~ Jack London 1876-1916

3 comments:

  1. What I like the most about the statues of Sekhmet are her clenched fists. She teaches me to be determined and not to be afraid of my own strength and of strife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee - your posts do make me laugh! Yep, those clenched fists look like she's ready to punch someone's lights out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that what I see (today anyway) is those fists and shoulders as anger and Ellen sees it as determination. Thanks for the alternate viewpoint.
    Good morning to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn