Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bicker Bicker...

Daily Draw: Durer Tarot ~ 4 of Wands

The foundation of the home is set but by the post tops we can see there is some unevenness in the project movement.
Is he arguing his case for her hand in marriage?
Are they both frustrated?
Are her eyes closed to this future?
Is this homestead a wee bit barren?
Is he angry, is she pouting?

I'm reminded by this card Rob is trying to stockpile enough food for a year preparatory to retirement.
My viewpoints?
We live in an A-frame. No storage. When I open a kitchen cupboard door now it makes my stomach hurt, I'm simple, seeing stockpile brings out my inner FlyLady.
If the world goes dark people with guns will come and take it anyway.
The first year of retirement isn't the one to worry about, ten and twenty years of inflation down the road is the problem.
In a relationship there are billions of things we can fight or disagree about. Sometimes  agreeing to disagree is the answer. Most are unimportant in the long run.

"Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others." ~ Jacob M. Braude 1896-1970

2 comments:

  1. Ah, that quote does speak truth. I think men like to have external stuff they can see when they're gearing up for something, but women know attitude and simplicity can go much further. I don't remember seeing this card in the Durer. Probably a good thing, as I feel the need to tell that woman to use one of those posts to knock that annoying man on his behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree men like to find practical solutions and fix things. I can't always see the benefit in that. Not everything can be soothed with a band :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn