Sunday, March 23, 2014

Death In The Room

Daily Draw: DruidCraft Tarot ~ Death

The authors see death as rebirth, a coming rather than a leaving.
In small ways, mentally, I can see this viewpoint in my own situation. Each day another bit of mother chips off. I know she is going because dementia is a progressive disease with a beginning and an end, not a way station.

I'm reminded by this card of the small ways I am thinking forward, of acknowledging mother is leaving. I say to myself "I'll get my hair cut then", "I'll put all my rings back on then", "I'll take Xing-Xing and Xavier down to the river and listen to wind and water then".  I don't know why I don't do those things now, I guess it just doesn't seem fair to the Death in the room.

"There is nothing permanent except change." ~ Heraclitus 535-475 BC

DruidCraft Tarot, Eddison Sadd edition, 2004. 192 page softcover book by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm, card art by Will Worthington

4 comments:

  1. When you don't when death will take the last chips away,perhaps it is good for you to grant yourself those small pleasures. The same way as a mother who is watching over her sick child has to eat and drink and go out once in a while in order to be able to carry on her task.It is such an immense responsibility you have taken upon yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very tough thing to do....I am praying that God gives you the strength to carry on, day by day. You are being such a blessing to your dear Mother. I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can mentally wrap my mind around such things, but with my heart it takes a bit longer to accept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like having things to look forward too, when the real me resurfaces~

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn