Monday, March 10, 2014

Keep It Simple

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ Queen of Cups

Today's factoid. Did you know in ancient times bared breasts were said to ward off evil. The nude figurehead on ships came from this myth, which is odd because it was said a woman on board was a sure omen for bad luck. More likely because one woman and multiple men is a sure recipe for problems.

I'm reminded by this card and the Lady of leisure I'm glad to be a woman, I'm glad I was born in this time, and I'm glad to be alive. Call me old fashioned but keeping my life simple is a sure recipe for personal success.

"You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But once you get there you can move mountains." ~ Steve Jobs 1955-22011

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are always full of such interesting tidbits. :) I wonder if the bare breasts idea is tied into the Sheela na gig figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the next time around I am a woman again :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn