Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Poked With My Own Sword

Daily Draw: DruidCraft Tarot ~ Page/Princess of Swords

Hurray for spring. Snowbells and heather, and sunshine that will fool you because when you step out the windchill is about forty degrees. The wind has also twisted her sleeve and cloak tie around her sword rendering it fairly useless except as a danger to herself.

I've had a lot of jobs so consequently I've had a lot of the dreaded 'first day on the job' experiences. Probably why the second half of  my working life has been self-employed at multiple streams of income. If I fell on my sword it was my choice, not because of some idiotic job rule.

"I remember figuring up after the first day of the first job with a boss employement, .60 cents an hour plus at least $1.25 a day in tips, I was gonna be RICH!" ~ Sharyn

1 comment:

  1. Frequently heard phrase in 12 Step circles: "My best thinking got me here." :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn