Friday, March 28, 2014

Sharp Words

Daily Draw: DruidCraft Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

Cultures throughout the eons have figured out how to make cutting weapons. A matter of survival for the meat eaters and plant harvesters, but most certainly for offence and defense. Because ingrained in our being seems to be a gene that takes joy in provocation.

I've been party to more arguments in the last five months, than in the whole prior of my adult life. You might think dementia patients lack the mental agility to argue but as mother recedes from us she has honed the schoolyard hot buttons and eight year old child's aversion to just about anything to a fine point. Who knew you didn't need a reason to fight. When I mentally step back I'm totally amazed at my  participation and if it wasn't so sad it would be downright funny.

"You are dumber than a donkey"
"I know mom but the entertainment is free"  Betty and Sharyn

3 comments:

  1. Everyone has their buttons pushed more easily when they are tired. I've said so many thing I've regretted afterwards and I wish I could take them back. but the damage has been done and I can only be more aware of my sharp tongue the next time
    P.s I adore this deck:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharyn! I imagine it's very painful for you to bear up this hard, difficult and sad situation, I just want to send you a big hug, a kiss and strengh. I wish you both be well. The more brightest Muchas Estrellas for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting there with my MIL. She is suddenly so full of opinions and judgments about EVERYTHING, most of which make no logical sense. Unless it is something important, I try not to take the bait (not always possible as she likes to badger people until they do). I'm using you as my role model for the stages to come, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn