Saturday, March 1, 2014

Smite, Sanctioned

Daily Draw: Chinese Tarot ~ Tower

The goddess of lightning strikes the unrighteous blind so they can't get away from the god of thunder who takes his hammer and chisel to them.

I'm reminded by this card of well known methods of torture. Does peeling the skin off someone make them righteous the next day? Codswallop. There have always been people who thrill to the agony of someone else's pain and will always find a way to do it, particularly when sanctified and sanctioned by state or god.

"E pur si muove." ~ Galileo Galilei 1564-1642

1 comment:

  1. "and yet it moves..." Yep, truth is truth no matter how hard people try not to speak it or see it. Ye gods, I'm glad I wasn't born during Galileo's time; I would have been toasted on a stick for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn