Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sorrow

Daily Draw: Grand Etteilla Tarot ~ 10 of Swords

Sorrow moves through me like wind round the eaves.
Always there, behind my eyes, deep in my heart.
The shroud waiting on the coat hook.

I'm reminded by this card it isn't possible to bypass it and still get through life. Eventually it arrives and stays, unasked, unwelcome.

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight." ~ Kahlil Gibran

The deck this week is the Grand Etteilla.
This edition published by Grimaud 1977


3 comments:

  1. It seems our readings are in parallel universes today. Your opening lines make me think you should write poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lines hurt because they feel so familiar. There is always sadness lurking in the corners of a silent mind.
    The quote from Kahlil Gibran is so true. Grief is the downside of love

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn