Thursday, March 6, 2014

'ware the danger...

Daily Draw: Etteilla Tarot ~ Snake

In the Lenormand cards snake is 'ware the danger. In the Etteilla snake takes the place of the Chariot in a standard tarot deck and calls for support and protection. Behind the snake are ghost creatures patrolling for the unwary and foolish.

I'm reminded by this card of our pet worries. Perhaps that danger has become an old friend and we keep it by our side as a form of Snake, something safe to worry over so we can ignore the real danger?

"You become smaller and smaller, you small people! You are fading away you lovers of the easy life! ~ Friedrich Nietzsche 1844-1900

2 comments:

  1. I've just written about my increased worrying. So perhaps it is my ego, distracting me from what really is in need of attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better the fear we are familiar with than the fear we don't know? Makes sense to me...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn